GDPR Deadline is Today! Here’s What We’re Doing to Comply
If you have an email account, or ever go online at all for that matter, it is likely that you’ve been hearing a lot about GDPR, the General Data Protection Regulation that goes into effect today. A regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union, the GDPR addresses the export of personal data outside the EU. In turn, this has had a huge impact on companies working across borders in market research, marketing and many other fields.
At P2Sample, we not only work with clients around the world, but we also have more than 40 million opted-in panel members across over 150 countries. This means we’ve worked hard to make sure that we are in compliance with GDPR. We’ve taken several measures to ensure that we are meeting the requirements of this new law, including:
- Working with a third-party company to take our privacy measures beyond even those mandated by GDPR, while simultaneously working on ISO-related compliance (International Organization for Standardization).
- Reviewing all of our internal security processes and making enhancements if required, although many processes were already implemented in line with ISO practices.
- Putting dozens and dozens of new data addendums in place with both clients and suppliers.
- Improving the way we describe our practices, explain user control over their own information and clarify information security measures.
These are just a few of the practices we’ve put into place in order to ensure that the new GDPR regulations are being met and, in some cases, exceeded. As a company that places a strong focus on user experience, consumer privacy is important to us as are the core principles of the GDPR: transparency, accuracy, fairness, minimization, purpose limitation and security. If you have questions about these measures or want to learn more about the steps we’ve taken to comply with GDPR, please contact us.
- We are talking AI at the MR and Marketing Tech Conference this week November 20, 2019
- Making Bets on the Future of Market Research at TMRE in Las Vegas November 14, 2019
- Ranked for Fourth Year in a Row on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 November 12, 2019
- P2Culture: Meet Jennifer Fraguada November 7, 2019
- Auf Wiedersehen! See you next year at Research & Results November 5, 2019