QUIRKS Magazine: It’s Time for Sample Companies to Step Up
As an industry, we cannot be satisfied to merely be faster and cheaper. Sample suppliers and buyers must: stop tolerating bad experiences for respondents; wield technology in a way that solves multiple problems; and demand agility as well as speed. In a recent article by our CRO, JD Deitch, in Quirks Magazine, the ins and outs of programmatic sampling are explored, as well as the ability of this approach to impact quality and engagement.
He maintains that it is the responsibility not just of the researcher or questionnaire writer to ensure respondent engagement, but also of the sample company. We have the technology at our fingertips to create better experiences, but many are not using it to its fullest potential. Programmatic techniques give sample companies the ability and opportunity to start treating respondents respectfully, something P2Sample already has built into it platform with self-healing algorithms that allow respondents to push bad surveys out of field.
Just a few of the best practices he recommends include:
- Limit “router bouncing” to eliminate the need for a respondent to provide their age, sex and other basic characteristics over and over
- Qualify or disqualify respondents as quickly as possible, and never in the middle or end of the survey
- Don’t sacrifice quality for speed by taking the time to run checks and even soft launches
- Pay close attention to dropout rates which can directly affect quality
- Communicate clearly and concisely with respondents and be honest up front about expectations
- Ask sample and panel suppliers for proof of their commitment to respondent experiences
Want more details? Check out the complete article here.
- Look us up in Munich at the Research + Results event October 20, 2019
- Furthering the Conversation at Affiliate Summit Asia Pacific 2019 October 10, 2019
- P2Culture: Getting to Know the Faces of P2Sample Phillip Bartolacci October 8, 2019
- Tangible Initiatives for Equality and Diversity in Market Research Executive Teams October 2, 2019
- ESOMAR Congress 2019: Diversity, Inspiration and the Wide Open Skies of Scotland September 25, 2019